We are so beyond thrilled to bring you our second beauty guest of the #bridalbeautyseries, the amazing Amanda Gros. She is bringing us a bucket load of fabulous information, pro tips, and helpful product recommendations! Take a minute to browse what she recommends and hopefully you’ll find some great new go-to’s for healthy glowing skin and the perfect enhancing makeup routine!
Amanda is a talented makeup artist base in Nashville, TN. She’s a licensed cosmetologist and freelance hair and makeup artist. This mama to sweet little Emmerson, and wife to wedding photographer Austin Gros, is a powerhouse!! You cant miss what she is sharing with you, today.
by Amanda Gros
STEP 1: SKIN CARE
The key to getting a healthy glow is healthy skin. Cleanse. Exfoliate. Hydrate. Maintain.
Favorite Skin Care Products:
- Little Seed Activated Charcoal Face Bar http://littleseedfarm.com/shop/activated-charcoal-facial-soap-organic – this is my go to facial cleanser. It’s gentle and effective. Handmade in Tennessee with the cutest little packaging!
- Origins Active Charcoal Face Mask – This is a great mask to use to draw out impurities, unclog pores and help with those pesky breakouts. I use this 1-2 a week. It is a pretty amazing mask. I also use this as a spot treatment during the day if I am just hanging out at home or at night. http://www.sephora.com/clear-improvement-active-charcoal-mask-to-clear-pores-P297524
- Acure Brightening Facial Scrub – http://www.acureorganics.com/Brightening-Facial-Scrub-p/012.htm This is my favorite exfoliator. It has no harsh chemicals and is very gentle on the skin.
- Lather Honey Moisture Mask https://www.lather.com/face/honey-moisture-mask-with-propolis-extract.html This is one of my absolute favorite masks to hydrate my skin. The way my skin feels after using this mask is amazing. You don’t wash off this mask – it literally absorbs into your skin. Perfect for the cold dry months when your skin is in need of extra hydration. A must have in my books!
- Acure Organic Argan Oil – http://www.acureorganics.com/Argan-Oil-p/023.htm This is my go-to facial oil. Pat gently into your skin. I use this as my main moisturizer. Very affordable too!
- Weleda Skin Food – http://www.amazon.com/Weleda-Skin-Food-2-5-Ounce/dp/B000ORV3NC This is amazing when your skin is extra dry. This is very thick and concentrated so you only need a little bit if using on your face. Rub you hands together to warm product and pat into your skin.
STEP 2: MAKEUP
Enhance using makeup, don’t mask your natural beautiful self!
Favorite Makeup Products to Enhance Your Glow:
- Tarte BB Tinted Treatment – http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-BB-tinted-primer This is my favorite for days when I don’t want to use foundation. It literally goes on like silk and creates a beautiful finish while still letting your skin be the star
- RMS “un” Cover Up – http://www.rmsbeauty.com/products/un-cover-up-1 This is a wonderful product that you can use all over your face or I like to use it as a concealer for spots that need extra coverage and for under my eyes. This has a beautiful dewy finish. Free of all harsh chemicals too!
- Vapour Aura Multi Use Classic Stick – http://www.vapourbeauty.com/multi-use/vapour-organic-beauty-aura-multi-use-classic.htm These are beautiful and free of all harsh chemicals. I love using these on my cheeks to add some color and finish off my look using it as a tint for my lips. All colors are beautiful – Courtesan is favorite though!
- RMS Living Luminizer – http://www.rmsbeauty.com/products/living-luminizer?variant=820960083 This product is AMAZING. Use your fingers and tap along your cheek bones and inner eyes. This creates the most beautiful natural glow to your skin. Free of all harsh chemicals too!
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector – https://www.beccacosmetics.com/shop/highlighters/shimmering-skin-perfector-pressed-2eeec7.html Opal is my favorite color but all of them are beautiful. This is a stunning powder highlighter. Lightly dust on the cheekbones to create a beautiful highlight.
- Fresh Tinted Lip Treatment – http://www.fresh.com/US/lip-treatment/sugar-ros%C3%A9-tinted-lip-treatment-sunscreen-spf-15/H00001528.html#gclid=CjwKEAiAo7C2BRDgqODGq5r38DsSJAAv7dTPdVgNx4PZK8mSskKpysGHjGzjVVD6tUf8KW6LxPfzMxoCz8Hw_wcB&start=11&cgid=lip-treatment If you haven’t tried these beauties you must! They are so hydrating and give your lips just enough color for them to pop naturally. They come in a variety of colors – Rose and Sugar are two of my favorites!
- You can’t forget mascara! My current favorite is Tarte Lights Camera Lashes http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-lights-camera-lashes-mascara. Don’t forget to brush and maintain your brows too!